An indoor badminton court with wooden flooring and excellent lighting is open throughout the year. A marker is available.
6.00 a.m. to 9.30 a.m.
3.30 p.m. to 9.30 p.m.
6.30 a.m. to 9.30 a.m.
3.30 p.m. to 9.30 p.m.
Saturdays, Sundays & Holidays –
6.00 a.m. to 12.30 p.m.
Badminton Court Rules
1. Only Friends Club members, dependents, and guests of members shall be allowed to play on the Club Badminton Court.
2. A member may sign in guests to play on payment of a Guest fees. The current fee is Rs.150/- per guest. The guest MUST be accompanied by the member.
3. The playing hours will be as promulgated from time to time. On Sundays / holidays the courts will be open till 11.00 a.m. in the morning session. The members will have priority during the extended period.
4. The courts can not be reserved by members or dependents. Play shall be exclusively on a FIRST COME FIRST SERVED basis.
5. Members / Dependents will enter their names in a register available with the Marker. They will be accorded priority on the basis of the sequence in which their names appear in the register. Members may exchange priority of play on mutual acceptance. The Marker must be informed of such exchange during member’s time the members will get priority to play.
6. When other players are waiting the duration of play would not exceed one Game or 20 minutes whichever is earlier.
7. The Club Badminton attire is as follows: –
a) Court shoes with White Soles.
b) Shorts / Track Suit.
c) T – Shirt with Track Suit top or half sleeves sweater.
d) Sikh male players must wear under turban (‘patka’).
8. Tea / Coffee / Cold Drinks / Fresh Lime Soda and water will be served by the Club in a specific area adjoining , the Badminton Court no refreshments including water are allowed on to the playing area.
9. Role of a Marker : –
a) Marker shall be present at all times when the courts are open.
b) The Marker shall get the courts in the playing condition i.e. arrange net etc 15 minutes before start of play timings.
c) Marker shall play with any member/dependent if asked to do so.
d) Marker shall be responsible for ensuring that on court discipline is maintained by the players as per the rules and regulations.
e) Marker shall not play with a dependent if a member is waiting.
f) During the period when there is a long wait, the Marker shall determine the course of play on FIRST COME FIRST SERVED system as per the register maintained for the purpose. The Dependents must abide by Para 5 above.
g) During exclusive Members’ timings the Marker is to ensure that a Dependent occupying the court immediately ceases to play & vacate the same, when a member approaches to play.
h) In case of any ambiguity members are requested to abide by the markers decision.
Use of Badminton Court
1. TO PRESERVE THE QUALITY OF FLOORING MEMBERS / THEIR DEPENDENTS / THEIR GUESTS ARE REQUESTED NOT TO USE THE BADMINTON COURT WEARING BLACK SOLED SHOES.
2. THE STAFF HAS BEEN DIRECTED NOT TO PERMIT THE ABOVE.
3. MEMBERS/ THEIR DEPENDENTS / THEIR GUESTS ARE REQUESTED TO CO-OPERATE.